Why do you do ICSI?
- Fertilization rate is increased and assured.
- Choice of choosing Good embryo is assured.
- Enhanced success rate especially for male with Sperm defect-Defect in count, motility, morphology.
What is the ICSI Procedure?
- Preparation for ICSI:
- Controlled Ovarian Stimulation: The ovary is stimulated by a proper, tailored Ovarian Stimulation Protocol. The aim is to get the optimal number of good quality eggs.
- Oocyte is retrieved from the female by a procedure called Ovum-Pick- Up, which is done under short General Anesthesia (GA).
- Sperm is collected, analyzed, and washed. Good quality sperms are selected for ICSI.
- The selected sperm will be injected into the egg using a micromanipulator syringe and fertilization is done.
- The fertilized egg will become an embryo. After 3-5 days, the live embryo will be transferred directly into the uterus of the woman.
1. Correct BMI of woman.
2. Hormone Assay for the woman.
3. Based on BMI and hormone assay, an Ovarian Stimulation Protocol is made specifically for the woman in order to induce ovulation. Ovulation Induction drugs and injections are given to get more number of good quality eggs.