What is Laparoscopy?
Laparoscopy also known as the key-hole surgery. It is a surgical procedure which uses special surgical instrument called laparoscope, which is like a thin telescope with light source, to look inside the abdomen. It can be passed through a small incision made near the umbilicus. It is considered to be the gold standard as it both diagnostic and therapeutic.
- It provides panoramic and magnified view of the pelvic and abdominal organs.
- Visualization of Tubal patency.
- Detects pelvic diseases.
- Laparoscopic myomectomy.
- Laparoscopic tubal microsurgeries (neo salphingostomy, fimbrioplasty).
- Laparoscopic adhesiolysis.
- Management of hydrosalpinx.
- Endometriosis- excision, electro- coagulation, Laser vaporization.
- Lap ovarian drilling.
- Lap Endometriosis cyst excision.