What is Hysteroscopy?
Hysteroscopy is a vaginal procedure used for internal examination of cervix and endometrium.This procedure uses a telescope to view the inside of the womb or the lining of the uterus. The hysteroscope is inserted inside the vagina & moved through the cervix into the uterus. It has both therapeutic and diagnostic indications.
- It provides a panoramic and magnified view of the inner layer of the uterus and cervix.
- Detects endometrial environment prior to IVF.
- Polypectomy: removal of polyp from uterine cavity.
- Submucous Myomectomy: removal of myomas / fibroid.
- Septal Resection: removal of septum in the uterine cavity. (Septum may be partial or total).
- Correction of Congenital Uterine Malformations.